Confidentiality Waiver and Student Records Request

In order to obtain records that contain personally identifiable information about a student who is or was enrolled in an educational institution, the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) requires that the party receiving the information agree not to disclose that information to any other party without the prior consent of the personally identified student.

Graduate schools, employers, parents, and other individuals do not have access to your records without written permission.  Per the Statement of Student Rights and Responsibilities, "Confidentiality of records will be maintained to the extent permitted by law and the University of Michigan Student Rights and Student Records Policy."  Since OSCR protects your confidentiality to the extent permitted by law, you must complete and sign a waiver permitting your records to be shared with another person.  You must specify who that person is, and what may be shared.

Your student record will not appear as part of your academic transcript, except in cases resulting in suspension or expulsion.

Please note that OSCR does not maintain academic records. To request your academic record you should reach out to the academic unit in which you are/were enrolled.

Proceed to request