The Office of Student Conflict Resolution (OSCR) provides a variety of programs and services designed to support a safe, just, and peaceful community, and to help students learn how to manage and resolve conflict peacefully. OSCR offers a spectrum of conflict resolution pathways that empower students to drive the conflict resolution process every step of the way. These pathways include Facilitated Dialogue, Restorative Justice Circles, Shuttle Negotiation, Social Justice Mediation, as well as the Formal Conflict Resolution process. The OSCR staff is committed to serving students and other community members with compassion, integrity, and fairness.
Why give to the Office of Student Conflict Resolution?
Your contributions to OSCR will allow us to continue to provide proactive and preventative educational initiatives that Build Trust, Promote Justice, and Teach Peace, for students, student organizations, faculty and staff, and University departments. A gift of any size to this Gift Fund, or any of the following areas, will lend further support to the mission of the Office of Student Conflict Resolution.
1) Outreach & Education
- OSCR seeks to provide the Michigan community with services and strategies to resolve conflicts peacefully. With your support, OSCR can expand the variety and scope of our workshop curriculum and diversify our outreach efforts to educate students, student organizations, faculty, and staff on the spectrum of services available through OSCR.
2) Assistantships & Internships
- OSCR is committed to creating a seamless learning environment that branches in-class learning with out-of-class experiences. Your support will allow us to provide assistantship and internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students interested in conflict resolution, counseling, higher education and student Life administration, law, and other relevant academic programs.
We thank you for your support!
Why does the Office of Student Conflict Resolution need my support EVERY year?
While endowment funds are earmarked both in how they can be used and when, Annual Gifts are funds that OSCR can use immediately and where needed most. Each academic year, the University faces unexpected challenges. Annual Gifts from donors like you are vital to ensure our ability to overcome obstacles and maintain the Michigan Difference.
How does U-M solicit for gifts?
Alumni and friends are contacted via mail, email, and Telefund, U-M's student telephone fundraising program. Michigan is a big place, so you may be contacted by the general Annual Giving office or by someone at a school, college, or unit on campus. As a whole, we strive to make giving to the University and allocating your gift to the area you wish as simple as possible. So when you are contacted remember you can support student life no matter who reaches out to you.
There are many ways you can give to the Office of Student Conflict Resolution:
- Annual Giving- A fund that is put to use where most needed within a fiscal year.
- Outright Gifts- Gifts of cash, securities or "gifts in kind" make an immediate impact. Gifts in kind include artwork, books and equipment that may be useful to OSCR.
- Planned Giving- A giving strategy that allows you to make a meaningful charitable contribution while possibly enhancing you and your family’s future financial well-being.
- Bequests-One of the simplest ways to give, you can leave a gift from your estate within your will.
How to Make Your Gift
We have provided information on how you can make your gift below. In addition, please feel free to call us anytime if you need assistance.
We’re here for you!
We’re passionate about connecting donors with Michigan. We welcome questions about Annual Giving and hearing from you about your reason for participating. If there’s something specific you’d like to support and you don’t see it on our communications, please contact us. We’ll help you get your donation to the right place.
To speak to us about giving opportunities please contact:
Parent & Family Giving and Student Life
Mobile: (734) 272-9498
Student Life Office of Development
Student Life Office of Development
Student Life – Office of Development
9027 Wolverine Tower
3003 S. State Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1288
Phone: (734) 647-7309
Fax: (734) 647-6100