Join Team OSCR
Are you interested in assisting other Michigan students resolve conflicts peacefully? Do you have a passion for social justice and restorative justice? If you answered yes, then consider becoming the newest member of the Office of Student Conflict Resolution.
OSCR provides employment opportunities to undergraduate and graduate students. Students have robust involvement in OSCR’s work from being the first point of contact to those inquiring about OSCR, to meeting with those seeking services, to actively coordinating and facilitating conflict resolution through OSCR’s multiple pathways. Work-study recipients are particularly encouraged to apply for vacant postings.
Basic Functions and Responsibilities
- Facilitate informational meetings with students to orient them to OSCR conflict resolution services.
- Review students’ rights as articulated in The Statement of Student Rights & Responsibilities.
- Answer questions and assist students in implementing their choices with regard to OSCR’s services.
- Facilitate meetings with students who have chosen a particular conflict resolution pathway.
- Schedule and deliver conflict resolution educational workshops or informational sessions.
- Represent OSCR at campus outreach events.
- Manage administrative tasks associated with student meetings, communications, and outreach and training efforts.
- Work individually and as a part of departmental teams to identify and complete projects related to achievement of departmental goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
What skills/knowledge could the student gain from this position?
- Facilitation experience and conflict resolution experience that is widely applicable to current and future leadership positions and personal relationships.
- An increased understanding of social justice, restorative justice, due process, student development, and/or motivational interviewing and their wide applicability in society.
- Experience designing, planning, and implementing events, programs, workshops, projects, etc.
How to Apply
Please submit your application online.
Student Employment Office